What is the Supreme Student Council (SSC)?
The Supreme Student Council is the highest governing Student Body in the University of San Carlos.
The University of San Carlos – Supreme Student Council (USC – SSC) is mandated to promote the general welfare of the students, to assert and defend the rights of the students, to advocate Academic Freedom, and ultimately to uphold its constitution and that of the Republic of the Philippines.
The Supreme Student Council President, Vice – President and its 21 Councilors are voted at large through an election held every last Friday of February, and will hold office at the council for a year.
Rights, Duties and Responsibilities as a Carolinian Student
RIGHTS as a member of the Supreme Student Council
- The right to have their grievances heard and speedily redressed.
- The right to form, join, and participate in associations and societies whose purpose are not contrary to law.
- The right to peaceably assemble and to petition for the redress of grievances.
- The right to be informed and consulted regarding school policies and regulations which may directly or indirectly affect them before such matters are adopted.
- The freedom of speech and press.
- The right to access the records of the Supreme Student Council.
- The freedom of religious profession and spiritual practice and worship with due respect to the policies of the Campus Ministry and of the University as a catholic institution.
- The right to access the financial statement of the school and the SSC
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES as a member of the Supreme Student Council
- Shall uphold the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines.
- Shall uphold the Constitution of the University of San Carlos – Supreme Student Council (USC SSC).
- Shall respect the University policies, rules and regulations provided that these does not transgress the laws of the land and of the rights of the students.
- Shall conduct himself in a dignified manner.
- Shall respect and uphold student laws, regulations, policies and resolutions adopted by the USC-SSC.
- Shall pay the membership fee of the USC-SSC.
- It is the right and duty of every member to vote or cast his vote during elections, referenda, and plebiscites.