Electronics and Computer Engineering students and faculty members received three Best Paper Awards during the Institute of Electronics Engineers of the Philippines (IECEP) Engineering Research Conference (ERC) on October 20-21, 2023 at the Golden Peak Hotel, Cebu City.
The Engineering Research Conference is one of the premier technical conferences in the Philippines. This year, the USC contingent received the following recognitions:
Best Paper for Electronics Communications
- Research Title: “Design and Implementation of a Software Defined Radio based Continuous Wave Beacon Receiver and Decoder for a Cubesat Communication System”
- Awardees: Mariel G. Mallorca and Engr. Alberto S. Bañacia
Best Paper for Practical Applications
- Research Title: “Sensor Fusion of Electroencephalography, Inertial Measurement Unit and Computer Vision for Accurate Drowsiness in a Smart Helmet”
- Awardees: Jems Carfhel Abejo, Mitcham Andes Ochia, Jun Raymund Ruiz and Dr. Luis Gerardo S. Cañete Jr.
Best Paper Award for Emerging Technologies
- Research Title: “Development of a Wearable Smart Glove for Filipino Sign Language Translator of Select Characters using Arduino Uno”
- Awardees: Ramon Hope P. Celiz, Shawn Keith E. Nolido and Engr. Ellen Agnes M. Zafra
Aside from being one of the awardees for the Best Paper for Practical Applications, Ochia, who already graduated in May 2023, also received the Best Presentation Award.
Hosted by IECEP Cebu Chapter, ERC provides engineers, researchers, and students a platform to share, network and discuss current technological trends in electronics engineering and allied fields.